• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 Court Dates in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Decon1313

What is the name of your state? Colorado

OK, I am from Georgia. 6 years ago I lived in Denver Colorado for about 5 months. In that time I apparently had 2 traffic violations (only one of which I can remember). I forgot about it/them and never did anything about It. Last week I honeymooned with my wife up in the Rockies. Driving back from a hike i was pulled over for going 53 in a 35. During this routine stop it was found in the computer that I had two outstanding warrents in the state for failures to appear regarding those old violations. I was arrested and booked. I bailed out 4 hours later ($3500 Bail!, I bonded out using a bailbondsman for 15% of that). When I was bailed out they gave me 3 reassigned court dates. One for each offense (3 offenses counting that speeding one on the honeymoon, in 3 different counties).

Here is my problem. They are scattered, one is next week, the following early July, and the last one mid August. I live in Georgia and do not make enough nor do i have the ability to travel back to Colorado next week, nor 3 other times. Maybe ONE time tops. I don't know what to do. I can't no show for court, but I certainly cannot travel back there so soon or so frequently.

Can an Attorney appear in my stead at court? Can the court dates be moved all to the same day in August?

Help me please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">