• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd party files charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dalej

I need to know if a third party, such as a school, can legally file assault charges against two students fighting, or if it is up to the parents of the students to do so. Help please.:confused: oh yeah..In Arizona.

Last edited:

CdwJava

dalej said:
I need to know if a third party, such as a school, can legally file assault charges against two students fighting, or if it is up to the parents of the students to do so. Help please.:confused: oh yeah..In Arizona.
The school can report it to the police and the the police can file the case with the DA. the DA will decide if ths state will go forward with charges.

- Carl

dalej

Thats what I thaught. I didnt think that there were many instances where a third party could file charges if they werent actually a victim. Thank you.:cool:

CdwJava

dalej said:
Thats what I thaught. I didnt think that there were many instances where a third party could file charges if they werent actually a victim. Thank you.:cool:
Anyone can report a crime to the police. Whether the DA will prosecute without the cooperation of a victim is questionable in most cases. Domestic violence is one of the exceptions.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">