• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 felonies without reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Valerie Lee

What is the name of your state? Virginia sept 2003 my wife was charged with four felonies 2 charges of assult a police officer and 2 charges of obstrust justice. these charges came about from a incident occuring 3 weeks before. my wife had a episode, at the time i didnt know what was wrong with her, it went on for 2 days before i called the sheriffs office, thinking at the time i could get her some help. she didnt know where she was and was very abusive just ranting for hours and hours. then she walked out of the door and i before i could get dressed she was gone. a few hours later a deputy pulled up in the yard and told me he had found her wondering down the road, she didnt know where she was and was falling down and etc. I talk to the deputy for a few min, and she went in the house, she slept for 9 hours and when she awoke she was worse than she was when she went to sleep. she thought i had taken our children from her, and went just nuts. being a policeman for 23 years and after 3 days of this and not knowing, i tried to put her in the car to take her to the hospital,but that didnt do any good i called the sheriffs office to have them green warrant her, to get her into a hospital quickly. the deputy arrived she was standing next to me he called her by name and said whats going on valerie she said he's been hitting me all day and i want him arrested, he then reached up to grab her arm and she pulled away grabbing a cabinet that was beside the door holding on the cabinet was tiping but i caught it and then he told her you are under arrest i asked why he said she tried to bite me, i didnt see anything of the sort she was screaming you are hurting me you are hurting me, (my wife has 5 ruptcured disc in her back) and i told him to stop her back is very bad, i told him to give me the cuffs and i would put them on her, which i did he then took her outside as a another police officer was pulling up, i again was going to assist the deputy into getting her into the car, i was told by the officer just arriving to get in the house or he was going to arrest me. i did as i was told, she was taken to the sheriffs office where she continued in this frame of mind, mental health was called and a green warrant was issued. she was then taken to our local hospital where they tried to find out what was wrong with her. the sheriffs office called my home on 3 occassions want to know if she had taken any type of drugs, i told them what medications she was on which was quite alot but they tested her for many things and found nothing not even her regular medication. they then gave her high dosages of anti psycotic drugs and put her to sleep. she was then transferred to a mental health hospital in richmond, va. there the same thing continued and after a couple of days there was a hearing that found her incompatent. and a order was written for her to stay and her case to be reviewed again in 30 days. 2 days after this hearing my wife came out of this episode ( i call it that because know one can really explain what happend to her) she woke up and wanted to know where she was, how she had got there and so on. 2 days later they released her to me. i tried to explain every think that had happend but, she had no memory (her doctor said she will most likely never remember)
for two weeks her dr changed medication after medication trying to calm her, she would just walk and walk or rock over and over. finailly they found a medication that worked for her and she started doing better. . not quite herself but normal..25 days after this took place warrants for her arrest were taken out by the two police officers...4 felonies.... in oct still living with frineds because we lost our home in hurricain isabelle, my wife was in the hospital in richmond during the storm ... there was any power in most of the county so my wife and i went to get ice for the day, while we were there i recieved a phone call, from the home we were staying said that atleast 4 deputies he thought it was more had just left the house looking for my wife, so i hung up and called the sheriffs office right away i was told there were warrants for my wife ... i told them we would be right there,(i had been a deputy there for 12 years and when the new sheriff took office he did not reappoint any of the higher up deputies, he even went as far as to look for reason to charge the upper staff with crimes that were all thrown out in court in retaliation of his daughter who i had charged with destruction of private property)as i was saying we were in route when police cars were every where i pulled over and told the deputy (which i had been good friends with for years that we were on the way there) and to please let me take her so he agreed , 6 police officers followed me to the sheriffs office (in all my 23 years i have never seen anything like this done) after getting there all but one deputy left and while we waitng on the magistrate he told me that the sheriff had wanted all the deputies involved in the incident at the sheriff that day to charge her with assult and he had refused. he was the deputy that had also found her in ditch 2 miles from home and had bought her home , i asked why was the other deputy doing this, he said at the sheriffs and the captains orders ..........in lower court the deputy testified that (court reporter documented all this) that he had never met my wife before that date, that she had tried to bite him, and was pulling a way from him, is where the charges stemmed from , he also testified that he arrested and handcuffed her in the house (which i handcuffed her) that he had done atleast a dozen of these type of cases before her, when asked if he had the paperwork to prove this he said he hadnt had time to do all the paperwork so he didnt know if any was done or not, in the case of someone being green warranted there is alway paperwork and procedure. ..that he or the other police officer never went to a er or doctor office...that she never made contact with either one...the judge went on to tell the commonwealth attny that the charges were being stacked and there wasnt reason for two obstruction charges, and then while the judge was reviewing something, the commonwealth told my wife's attny that if the charges were not certified he was going to do a direct inditement .. so her lawyer asked the court to certify the charges because he didnt want her rearrested and put her through being arrested all over again...the deputy lied in his testimony about knowing my wife, they had met before and she had made a complaint on him, (previous to this my son had a flat tire about midnight ..in front of this same deputies home, he nor his friend could break the lug nuts free the deputy seen what was happening and came out to assist them, he to tried to remove the lugs but couldnt break them, he then helped my son push is truck into his side drive (which you could see the following day was never used and grown up ) my son told him his dad was in GA and wouldnt be back to the next night so he said that would be fine and as i said helped him push the truck in his yard, it was on the side of the rode before. the next morning about 10 am my wife answered a terrible banging on the front door, takes my wife a few min to get down the stair because her back is so bad, it was the deputy in his police car with his wife sitting in the front seat..he told her he wanted the truck removed before noon or he would have it towed, she told him what her son had said about leaving the truck there until the next day when i arrived home, he said he had changed his mind and wanted it moved off of his property by noon, my wife was very upset, she called the sheriffs office and asked to speak to the sheriff where she made a complaint that why would a deputy do this to a child in school after helping him put it in his yard, that she thought it was the job of the deputies to help the kids not to do this kind of thing to them. he just laughed it off the sheriff said it was nothing he could do about it, it is the deputies property, finally after calling around she found a neighbor that was able to repair the tire and move the truck...then we were told a few days later that one of the deputies had gone by and seen my sons truck there and told the deputy that lived there who the truck belonged to, and to make them move it right then...he lied about handcuffing her as i did that....he claimed he didnt remember anything she said or that she was screaming you are hurting me.....he testified that he didnt know if the other officer had been hurt.. then to move on just a little more the commonwealth here was also what i considered to be a personal friend until the election was over...he has represented my wife on two occasions being her personal attny and also did the closing on our home i would think that being her attny before he would have to remove himself from these case because of conflict.. can you tell me what we should do from here, she goes to court in aug and her attny hasnt done anything we've payed him in full, yet nothing has been done since the day the judge certified the charges..........I didnt call the sheriffs office that day to have my wife arrested and charged with 4 felonies i call for help, to get her into a hospital and this is what i got in return. thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">