• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 hour interrogation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rogieboi

What is the name of your state? California

Yesterday I was interogated for 4+ hours regarding a claim of a financial crime that involved ATMs. I denied all charges made-the investigators badgered me to make a confession for hours, but I never did so. They claim that they have tapes from ATMs involved, but they have not produced them. I think they are bluffing about the tapes-they went nuts trying to get me to confess, offering to write the report with one lesser count after another, trying to get a signed confession.

2 questions-how long do most banks in california keep ATM security tapes and is it legal in california for investigators to lie to a supect about evidence they claim to have?

grasmicc

Where was your attorney?

They keep the ATM 'tapes' a lot longer once they realize that they are evidence of a crime ;).

Just get an attorney and you'll find out later on whether they have the tapes.

essej

Say Nothing!!!!

Say Nothing!! I can only say ask for an attorney!!!! pronto!! IT IS LEGAL FOR THEM TO LIE TO YOU TO GET INFORMATION!!!! SAY NOTHING!!!! ASK FOR YOUR ATTORNEY!!! THAT'S ALL!!! Be NICE!! Excercise your right to an attorney at interrogation!!! They can LIE LIE LIE all they want to get information from you!!! No one can make you a deal except for the prosecUTOR! And get that in writing!eVEN THAN A JUDGEDOES NOT HAVE TO ACCEPTplea!!! NEVER ADMIT GUILT!!!!!! Even here on this forum!!!! It can all be helDagainst you!!! I can only stress GET AN ATTORNEY!!!! SAY NOTHING!!!!! The investigators can promise you the world even if they are lying and thats legal. AGAIN< SAY NOTHING!!!!!!!

BelizeBreeze

rogieboi said:
2 questions-how long do most banks in california keep ATM security tapes
That's up to the bank. Most major banks keep them for 30 days.
and is it legal in california for investigators to lie to a supect about evidence they claim to have?
Yep, perfectly legal.

CdwJava

rogieboi said:
2 questions-how long do most banks in california keep ATM security tapes and is it legal in california for investigators to lie to a supect about evidence they claim to have?
Most banks have gone digital and they can keep video recordings (along with printouts of the corresponding transactions - including keystrokes and magnetic strip information) for months!

And has been answered previously, yes - we CAN lie to you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">