• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6 months later being prosecuted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toribowl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hi, i'm being prosecuted for the following after 6 months.

13-1204 (F6) AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
13-2508 (F6) RESISTING ARREST
13-1204 (F5) AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

What does the f5 and f6 mean?

This happened 6 months ago and I never heard anything. until now... I'm pretty worried.

no one was hurt or disfigured I just pulled away from the EMT officer as he was trying to administer a needle to check my BAC.

Whats the min/max i could be looking at?

I don't have any priors.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

They're the class of felony which indicates what the penalties can/will be when you are found guilty. The smaller numbers are the more serious one. F5 is good for a maximum two to two and a half years in prison. F6 is good for a year to two in prison. The longer maximum is determined if there are aggravating conditions (accomplices present, senior victims, especially heinous). Fines are not determined by felony class strictly. Each felony can be fined up to $150,000.

You definitely need an attorney here.

Six months is nothing with regard to getting these cases to trial. There's more to the story than just taking a swing at an EMT but it's still quite possible that you are being overcharged .

toribowl

Hi Ron, Thanks for the response.

I am a Canadian citizen (dual)...i'm back home in Canada now. Would a warrant go up to Canada?

single317dad

Here is a writeup on the Canadian extradition system:

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalResources/CriminalLaw/LawArticle-99/Extradition-Law--Canada.aspx

Whether your country could or would extradite you is a complicated question that I can't fully answer. You'd need a qualified attorney to help you through that mess.

Since the AZ statute of limitations tolls while you've fled the jurisdiction, you could be prosecuted at any time in the future should you return to the state (or possibly the US in general).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">