• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Absconding felony probation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LouisianaLady29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Hi. I have 2 simple questions. My child's dad is on felony probation until 2014 (drug related) and recently caught warrants for distribution/maintaining/possession of cds w/intent that has 3 charges listed at 15000 bond for each, he also has a misdemeanor warrant for non-support. His po recently called me looking for him but Im sure you can guess by mention of the non support warrant I don't know where he is. His mother told his po he left town. If this is true what type of problems is he looking at if he left town with active felony and misdemeanor warrants?

And does anyone know if Louisiana extradites for felony warrants. Thank you.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Hi. I have 2 simple questions. My child's dad is on felony probation until 2014 (drug related) and recently caught warrants for distribution/maintaining/possession of cds w/intent that has 3 charges listed at 15000 bond for each, he also has a misdemeanor warrant for non-support. His po recently called me looking for him but Im sure you can guess by mention of the non support warrant I don't know where he is. His mother told his po he left town. If this is true what type of problems is he looking at if he left town with active felony and misdemeanor warrants?

And does anyone know if Louisiana extradites for felony warrants. Thank you.

Yep, it is true. He's up the river with no paddle. Two hots and a cot are in his future ~ big time.

LouisianaLady29

So if hes caught in another state they will extradite him? I know some states dont especially for misdemeanors but hes got felony warrants (plural) for distribution and possession while on felony probation. So I was wondering if anyone knows for certain if Louisiana does that? Like if he's pulled over in another state and he uses a fake name could they still find out?

If he skipped out of state and is arrested on felony warrants there are felony fugitive procedures and after a significant ordeal he will get shipped back.

Sinces he is on probation and took interstate flight, upon his return, he would most likely have his probation terminated as unsuccessful and have his sentence imposed, .. as this is a felony, that would likely mean prison.

That is in addition to any other new things that could go on with the new charges.

Last edited:

LouisianaLady29

If he skipped out of state and is arrested on felony warrants there are felony fugitive procedures and after a significant ordeal he will get shipped back.

Sinces he is on probation and took interstate flight, upon his return, he would most likely have his probation terminated as unsuccessful and have his sentence imposed, .. as this is a felony, that would likely mean prison.

That is in addition to any other new things that could go on with the new charges.

Thank you! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">