• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acceptable length of time to issue a speeding ticket after the alleged violation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Summer2016

Arizona. Excluding all situations involving traffic accidents, Under what circumstances is it acceptable to issue a driver a citation alleging a (speeding) traffic violation, 364 days after the traffic stop?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Arizona. Excluding all situations involving traffic accidents, Under what circumstances is it acceptable to issue a driver a citation alleging a (speeding) traffic violation, 364 days after the traffic stop?
May I suggest that you give us more information? Your question is designed to elicit an answer that you want to hear.

Summer2016

Acceptable ....

Timeline
07/02/2013 Traffic Stop NO TRAFFIC CITATION ISSUED. Was not speeding and was not given exclamation (speeding or otherwise) for stop.
07/01/2014 citation issued alleging “excessive speed approaching school-zone.. “. Driver was not notified. Furthermore, , school was not in session on July 02, summer-school ends/ended in June and the new school year does/did not start until the end of July.
07/07/2014 citation issued alleging misdemeanor dui. Driver did not receive notice. and had no knowledge of the charge or court appearance required
• 08/2014 bench warrant issued. .
• 09/15/2015 – Completely unaware of the charges filed against her the driver was blindsided by arrest after calling the sheriff for help and to report the theft of her home and all of her property. This is the first time these charges had been brought to her attention. $1500. bond
• 11/15/2015 citation “excessive speed .. “ was set aside, Again without notice to the driver.

I apologize but I have not been allowed access to discovery, the speeding ticket has never been brought to my attention, the information provided above was obtained online. It was set aside just as surreptitiously as it appeared. now fighting the misdemeanor dui.
Thank you for your time.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
So exactly how was your home stolen?

You left out the dates of the offenses.

You're saying you were cited numerous times, including a misdemeanor, without having any knowledge of anything? Really?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">