• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Access to Court Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngelSong

What is the name of your state? AZ

My family received word today that my sister was arraigned this morning for drug-related charges. Our understanding is that she does not currently have an attorney, but we haven't been able to find out any specifics of what is happening. Is there a way to find out through public records what the charges against her are and if she has legal counsel? I assume I probably need to file a FOIA request, but I do not know how to go about doing this.

Thank you for your assistance.

CdwJava

A call to the jail should reveal the charges she is booked under, and a ca ll to the court might reveal how you can find out the charges she was arraigned under. These should not be confidential records and are generally available to the public. Whether they are available over the phone, I couldn't say.

- Carl

outonbail

If the jail is hesitant in providing you with information on the charges she is charged with, a bail bondsman will usually be given this information to include on the paperwork he fills out and has the bailee sign.

Even if you are not planning on using the services of the bailbond company at this time, they should still get all the details for you in order to provide you with an extimate of the cost to post bail through their agency. (usually 10% of the required bond)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">