• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of selling a laptop but not sending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbienjerry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
yesterday the cops went to my moms house and said she was under arrest for selling a laptop online and recieveing the money but not sending the laptop. i was on the phone with her and he asked to talk to me too and said i was subject to arrest too. they asked if we we're willing to take a polygraph test and we answred yes and he said there were 200 more fraudlent compalints/charges and he said he was investigating it and had been for about two weeks now but he then said he would set up the polygraph and left and haven't heard anything went to the police department and there was no report filed and im just trying to find out whats going on and haven't recieved any info. any advice or anything would be greatly appreciated!!!!

CdwJava

How do you know they were real police? Were they in uniform and marked patrol cars? Did the police agency acknowledge they went to mom's house?

If these are the police, you need to speak to an attorney.

If these were NOT the police, you need to call them ... though that might mean confessing to fraud if the allegation are true, so consider the option carefully.

- Carl

bobbienjerry

How do you know they were real police? Were they in uniform and marked patrol cars? Did the police agency acknowledge they went to mom's house?

If these are the police, you need to speak to an attorney.

If these were NOT the police, you need to call them ... though that might mean confessing to fraud if the allegation are true, so consider the option carefully.

- Carl
they were in real uniforms ive tryed to talk to them just at the fact to see what is going on as i said they said my mom was under arrest and i was subject to arrest and left with no one in custody it was an unmarked car but they were in uniform. i called an attorney but there is no report so they dont know whats going on.

CdwJava

Sounds odd to me. I'd contact the agency they work for and ask for whoever is investigating the incident.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">