• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

achance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annchance

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Georgia I have a violation of probation due to dui charge,advised to lay low from po I want to clear this up!!My question is also if I turn myself in am I put in jail and kept untill what??I still owe restitution of 3559.00,my po is out on medical ,a new po,the old po said at one time he would present it to the judge for warrant to be dropped but never did !Attorney has quoted 2000.00,too much,what are my alternatives??How do I avoid jail time??

JETX

"what are my alternatives??'
*** You can wait for the police to arrest you on THEIR schedule. This usually means that you are arrested during a traffic stop, your vehicle towed and impounded, and you get the opportunity of waiting a LONG time to be processed. Or, of course, you can arrange to handle this on YOUR schedule and saving the embarassment of being arrested in front of family and/or friends and towing/storage fees.

"How do I avoid jail time??"
*** You 'avoid' jail time by taking advantage of the PRIVILEDGE of probation granted to you by the court and don't take any risks of violating the probation. But, of course, you didn't do that, so now have to take whatever consequences your action brings you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">