• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice needed!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suspect

What is the name of your state? north carolina

ok heres the deal... we got pulled over, for no reason... cuz we were drivin late at night... and in the midst i got busted with less than a nickel of weed... and brass knuckles... i got charged with possession, paraphanelia(the baggie), and possession of a concealed weopon, and a phone call to my employer, who is friends with the cop, and that i would get fired.. (even tho they already know)... now the officer said if i were to make two deals for them, then they would drop the charges... i said i would not do it, and the officer said i had 30 days to think about it, but if i deny it right now then im arrested now. now heres the question.... the cop didint do the paperwork on me, or write the citation or ne thing... he just wrote my name on a calendar, 30 days away. i was told that because he did not do the paper work then, and not charge me, then i dont have to gnark on ne one, and he still wouldnt be able to charge me.... is this true... and if not whats the best thing i can do, besides gnarking, cuz thats outta the question

-sus

O

oberauerdorf

The best thing you can do? Learn how to spell and write and cogent sentence so that anyone over 16 can understand you.

calatty

If you make any deals with the police, be sure to have your attorney with you and get it in writing.

P

PrefersPrivacy

This is a standard intimidation tactic. I'm guessing you live in a relatively small community.

I wouldn't screw around with the guy. Here's the deal, it's highly unlikely he's going to come looking for you. But if (when?) you run into him again, he'll be up your ass with a telescope so, to be safe, you should lay low for ~60 days. Understand that any street cop that works this way is not going to hesitate to arrest you next time for no reason at all. These guys always have something to plant on you, and 9 times out of 10 they don't even really need anything.

Alternately, make the deals. Surely there's at least one "bad person's" phone number in your cell. Get with the cop, call the idiot(s), and set up a small deal. If you don't want to or can't do that- find a brave friend and let him know what's up. Fake a deal with your friend, but make sure you're both totally clean inside and out, and do it in the daytime at a public place where there are video cameras outside (gas station, walmart, etc). The cop, having not found anything, will most likely give up, unless he's a real hardass. Make these judgements carefully. If you play your cards right, you could easily get arrested unlawfully and sue the city/county for a load of $$$.

(Watch the flames fly in here for that comment)
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">