• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littlebit46

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I moved out of the Country in June 1996. Before I moved I had been arrested for a non-capital felony, placed on probation. I spoke with my probation officer as my marriage was scheduled and arrangements to move had been finalized before all of this happened.

Explained the situation to my probation officer on my intentions to move out of the country. And was told it would all be taken care of, to go ahead and move.

Well to my surprise, this matter jumped up and bit me in the arse 11 years later. I have since been able to find out very little on this matter except that there is a bench warrant post judgement. What does this mean and what is the statue of limitation on this warrant. I want to get this matter taken care asap, but am financially strapped, and can not afford court cost.

I also have surgery scheduled in Michigan in 2 1/2 weeks, and really don't want anything to interfer in this.

HELP ASAP!!!!! PLEASE

Last edited:

FlyingRon

There's no statute of limitations on a warrant.

You need to chase this down. If you had permission of the probation department, it's probably a mistake, or it could be that there was some fee you failed to make the last payment on or something. Outstanding warrants can be a real nuisance if you're stopped by the police for as little as a minor traffic violation and it comes up when they run your license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">