• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

affidavit question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SAB101

Pennsylvania

I'm trying to write an affidavit and I'm having a bit of trouble with the wording. My question is I don't have firsthand knowledge of supreme court cases and other info I want to state in the affidavit.

Is the term "I believe" acceptable to state something in a affidavit?

justalayman

affidavit:

A written statement of facts voluntarily made by an affiant under an oath or affirmation administered by a person authorized to do so by law.
no idea what the affidavit you speak of is for but very simply stated, it is a sworn statement; nothing more.

quincy

Pennsylvania

I'm trying to write an affidavit and I'm having a bit of trouble with the wording. My question is I don't have firsthand knowledge of supreme court cases and other info I want to state in the affidavit.

Is the term "I believe" acceptable to state something in a affidavit?
With an affidavit, you are swearing to the truth of the facts declared in a written document.

What sort of affidavit is this?

SAB101

non-specific, oath affidavit

From my understanding it need to be firsthand witness to something and I cant say I have firsthand knowledge of something that has happened in the past.

Last edited:

quincy

non-specific, oath affidavit

From my understanding it need to be firsthand witness to something and I cant say I have firsthand knowledge of something that has happened in the past.
Non-specific oath affidavit?

What are the Supreme Court cases for?

SAB101

Administrative

I don't plan on saying much other than objection to anything I don't want to hear. I am submitting the affidavit as my testimony at the hearing.

swalsh411

Well good luck with that.

PS. Around here, if you don't provide enough background information necessary to get an accurate, useful answer, you will not get an accurate, useful, answer.

SAB101

Lol

I been reading reply's to peoples questions on this forum for about an hour and I have see few truly helpful answer from the members. Just in case you guys didn't realize this opinions are rarely helpful and 65% of what I see is just that.

I know more than most people about law and less than others. Anyone new to this forum should go elsewhere for advice.

The best of luck

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Lol

I been reading reply's to peoples questions on this forum for about an hour and I have see few truly helpful answer from the members. Just in case you guys didn't realize this opinions are rarely helpful and 65% of what I see is just that.

I know more than most people about law and less than others. Anyone new to this forum should go elsewhere for advice.

The best of luck
Alrighty then. :cool:

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Administrative

I don't plan on saying much other than objection to anything I don't want to hear. I am submitting the affidavit as my testimony at the hearing.
Affidavits are NOT testimony. They are hearsay and inadmissible under the rules of evidence. Yeah, you know about the law. :rolleyes:

latigo

Pennsylvania
I'm trying to write an affidavit and I'm having a bit of trouble with the wording. My question is I don't have firsthand knowledge of supreme court cases and other info I want to state in the affidavit. Is the term "I believe" acceptable to state something in a affidavit?
I think (convinced) that you are confusing an affidavit with a memorandum of legal points and authorities, or a legal brief. An affidavit is literally “a written declaration made under oath before a notary public or other authorized officer” in which the affiant asserts/affirms that certain stated facts are known to be true or to the best of his or her knowledge believes them to be true.

An affidavit would not customarily (never) contain a legal argument based upon legal authority (citations of statutory and/or case law) whether the cited authorities were accurate and relevant or believed to be accurate and relevant.
________

And incidentally, who was it that put the gun to your head forcing you to inquire of the contributors of this forum having such questionable competency? Not to mention that your question seems a bit naïve for someone that knows more about law than some others.

Next time check to see if the gun is loaded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">