• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After Search Warrant Activity?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chris Hoppus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

A search warrant for my computer(s) was exercised on myself. Quite a few of my electronic items were seized. This was back in November of 2008. They said to me that it would take 2-3 months to go through my electronics, and then after the 2-3 months, they'd let me know if I was going to have charges pressed against me.

As of June, I didn't know what was up. But I decided to find out what's up with my stuff. So I called, and turns out I can get my stuff back.

This was 2 months ago. They keep telling me I just have to wait, due to a new evidence custodian being hired and what not.

Is there any way to get around this, can I go to the Cheif of Police about it or anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">