• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggravated Stalking Creditable Threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

margiek

What is the name of your state? Virginia
A while back I sent out a post regarding stalking to which I got information from another site. However it is not to clear on Aggravated Stalking.
When a person is charged with aggravated stalking and is a creditable threat, how
serious is that?
I'm trying to understand the seriousness of this.
I have received over 200 letters from a person who is currently in prison for that, and a few other unrelated charges. I was also receiving phone calls which I stopped.
This person was an aquaintance of my ex- husbands sister. I have specified to him
I'm not intrested in him and he just does'nt get it.
So I have done a little back ground work on him to find out what I'm dealing with.
This is why I need to understand this charge a little better, so I will know which direction to take, before he is released in Nov. 2006

I'm sure some one will respond with run such as last time, however if anyone has a
little more understanding of this charge, and has some more insightful information I would
appreciate it very much.

Thanks!:confused:

outonbail

Run!

If you have had no prior relationship with him, yet he's sending this many letters and doesn't understand the word no, he's a dangerous nut case and you should write a letter to the parole board when the time comes, so they can consider this when deciding on his suitability for release.

margiek

See I new someone would say run. I'm considering what you are suggesting,
however you did not answer my question, What is considered Aggravated Stalking?
Why are his charges being listed as Aggravated?
I guess what I'm trying to say is: What is the difference between stalking and aggravated
with a creditable threat.

If I read the information from the website correctly I would have to fear for my life and or bodily harm.
His letters are not stating bodily harm.
They are sexual in nature & of a relationship that only exsist's in his mind.
I do consider this a serious issue, besides I have no where to run to.
So before I contact anyone about him I would like a little more imput regarding the charges & the law.

Thank You

Last edited:

margiek

Funny! and so helpful to!
Everybody likes a comedian.

Please get back to the question at hand*

Last edited:

gawm

It does not matter what he has been convicted of. The behavior he is demonstrating now is what you should be concerned with but you don't seem to get that. There is only one direction to take and why you don't see that make me wonder. My advice to you would be to end all contact and get a restraining order and buy some pepper spray. But something tells me you won't want to do that. :rolleyes:

margiek

gawm said:
It does not matter what he has been convicted of. The behavior he is demonstrating now is what you should be concerned with but you don't seem to get that. There is only one direction to take and why you don't see that make me wonder. My advice to you would be to end all contact and get a restraining order and buy some pepper spray. But something tells me you won't want to do that. :rolleyes:

If you read above you would see I am concerned and I do plan on doing something.
I feel I have to be very careful about what I plan to do.
A stalker can find you if they want.

He's in Florida now and I do feel WHEN he does get out, and they can't hold him forever, he will come looking for me. So yes I'm concerned.

A restraining order is an excellent idea. Thank You!

BelizeBreeze

margiek said:
If you read above you would see I am concerned and I do plan on doing something.
I feel I have to be very careful about what I plan to do.
A stalker can find you if they want.

He's in Florida now and I do feel WHEN he does get out, and they can't hold him forever, he will come looking for me. So yes I'm concerned.

A restraining order is an excellent idea. Thank You!
You obviously do NOT plan on doing anything. Otherwise, you'd have contacted the prison authorities, offered them copies of the letters and a phone log and asked them to violate him and take away all phone priviledges and to monitor his mail.

margiek

wdlsguy said:
If that comment was directed to me, I wasn't kidding around.

I am not a lawyer.

P.S. Although Virginia doesn't seem to have a crime called "aggravated stalking", Florida does.
Thank you you answered my question, his conviction was in Florida against his ex-wife.
He is now currently in the Florida State Prison, for violation of his probation.

Yes do I think he's unstable...WITHOUT A DOUBT.
His letters just keep repeating themselves X 200.

Thank you guys very much!
Thats why I came to this forum

margiek

BelizeBreeze said:
You obviously do NOT plan on doing anything. Otherwise, you'd have contacted the prison authorities, offered them copies of the letters and a phone log and asked them to violate him and take away all phone priviledges and to monitor his mail.
Don't sell me so short!
Yes I have saved the letters and my phone records for a reason.
However my concern is when he is realesed. So yeah in aspect I'm scared!
Is that what you wanted to hear? and how to handle this properly.

I got the answer I was looking for earlier, now I need to find the courage to fix it.

BelizeBreeze

margiek said:
Don't sell me so short!
Yes I have saved the letters and my phone records for a reason.
However my concern is when he is realesed. So yeah in aspect I'm scared!
Is that what you wanted to hear? and how to handle this properly.

I got the answer I was looking for earlier, now I need to find the courage to fix it.
You got the answer you WANTED to hear. NOT the answer that is correct.
so you have a happy day. I'm done.

margiek

BelizeBreeze said:
You got the answer you WANTED to hear. NOT the answer that is correct.
so you have a happy day. I'm done.

Thank you for your imput your advise is well taken:)
I will close the post now.
I thank all who particapated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">