• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alcohol Blackouts and Contacting A Detective

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mf85251

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Scottsdale, AZ

Hello all. I am new to he site and not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I didn't see anything other forum that would fit this question.

Ok, about 11 days ago I walked home from the bar down the street. I had drank a lot and was pretty drunk. Unfortunately, I blacked out most of the 15 minute walk. When I woke up, for some reason, I flipped out, and thought that I had done some unspeakable act, like kill, rape, or assault someone. I did however, wake up completely unharmed, not a scratch on my body, nor blood anywhere on my clothes or skin. There was no evidence and it seemed pretty obvious that I hadn't got into an altercation with anyone. I checked the local news and the SPD (Scottsdale Police Department) websites for any updates on crimes in that block and a half area. Nothing. I drove along the route that I take home the next day just to see if there was a crime scene. Nothing.

This has been going on for 11 days. I've checked everything 8 ways to Sunday, no missing person, no vandalism, no homicide, no dead body...nothing. Even with all this, I still have been obsessed with thinking that I did something, even though there is no evidence that I did. Anyways, to make a long story short, I saw a Psychoanalyst today and since I am an alcoholic or close too one, he said that it was all in my head....ect, ect, ect. I won't bore you with what we figured out.

Even though there is a 99.9% chance I didn't do anything and ended up just walked home, with probably zero interaction with anyone...that .01% is still screwing with my head.

It would make me so much happier if I could just go down to the Scottsdale Police Department, talk to a detective, and explain my situation, and see if he or she would be willing to humor me, and just give me the piece of mind that I need. It would make my day if they could look at me and tell me nothing has been reported that night, or any other night, and that I am not a suspect in anything. I know that sounds weird and I'm sure I sound like a nut case, but it really would give me piece of mind.

So this brings me to my question...

Would it be a good idea to do this? I am on probation for a non violent crime. I have been on probation for a long time, about 6 years. I will be done once I pay off restitution.

If I do talk to the detectives, would I have to tell my probation officer? I don't really mind doing that...that really isn't the issue. Is this something that I should bring a lawyer to or have a lawyer call about? I know nothing happened and this is really dumb to a normal person, but it would really mean a lot too me. However, I don't want them pinning other things that might have happened that had absolutely nothing to do with me. Or...should I just leave this alone and move on?

Please help. Thanks for reading.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Get yourself into rehab. That is the thing you should do. That is what you most likely will NOT do but that is what you should do. You should NEVER drink alcohol again.

xylene

Get yourself into rehab. That is the thing you should do. That is what you most likely will NOT do but that is what you should do. You should NEVER drink alcohol again.
Unless the guy wants to prove he has a problem to probation, that may not be the best plan.

Getting into outpatient treatment and home detox would be a discrete second choice.

outonbail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Scottsdale, AZ

Hello all. I am new to he site and not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I didn't see anything other forum that would fit this question.

Ok, about 11 days ago I walked home from the bar down the street. I had drank a lot and was pretty drunk. Unfortunately, I blacked out most of the 15 minute walk.
Did it take you a full fifteen minutes to walk the 15 minute walk? If so, then it would probably be hard to fit any unspeakable acts in unless you were raping someone while walking.
When I woke up, for some reason, I flipped out, and thought that I had done some unspeakable act, like kill, rape, or assault someone.
You didn't happen to pass by a sheep farm on this walk did you?
I hope the answer is Naaaaaaaahhh...

mf85251

Thank you your advice. I agree, I am actually seeking help. Yes it did take me the full 15 minutes to walk from the bar to my apartment. My friend said I left at 11:45pm and my wife said I arrived home at around midnight. I actually walked it again yesterday, just to time it. It took me 15:46 to get from my apartment front door to the bar. That was straight walking, except for stopping at a red light. So I agree, it probably would be virtually impossible for me to do something wrong while walking home.

I think I am going to just try to move on and not think about it anymore. It is now 10.5 days and zero contact from the police, no evidence that anything has happened, and it is really starting to annoy me. I think I just need to realize that I blacked out, walked home, nothing even remotely happened, end of story.

Thanks again.

No...there were no sheep. I could live with that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">