• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

already on parole and leaving the scene of an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

George4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

So this may be already too late but I'm asking anyway for myself to know.

My brother went to jail for essentially being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. He's currently on parole.

back in the summer he was out at a community bbq benefit and everyone had a few drinks. he drove down the block to move his car. he accidently hit a pedestrian at the corner. as far as I know he left the scene to the bar on that very corner. (unsure of the details of what happened when he went in- asked for help or just scared) he did talk to a couple friends at the bar. he left his car in the street and everything. so they could possibly be witnesses.

Since then we've been going to court and they dropped the 2 dui charges because he was no where near the limit. however they are trying to get him on leaving the scene of an accident now. since we couldn't afford a lawyer we just had the state defender. at this point today we were given the "deal" of doing 5 years back in jail.

is it too late to try and get a lawyer? is this "deal" absolutely crazy? i'd just like to know to put myself at ease. I know my brothers made mistakes and i know he has to pay for them.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">