• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I free?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cholloman

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

While serving a 90 day jail sentence for a second DUI I was transported to another county jail to go to court on a pending third DUI. I got a 1 - 2 year concurrent sentence on that one. The sherrif was then ordered to either take me to a state facility or back to the county jail i came from only if they were willing to keep me for the entire sentence. They took me back to the county jail, then after my first sentence was up, they released me. Am I free to serve out my sentence on the street? Are they legally able to put me back in prison? Im confused on this one. Any ideas?What is the name of your state?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

While serving a 90 day jail sentence for a second DUI I was transported to another county jail to go to court on a pending third DUI. I got a 1 - 2 year concurrent sentence on that one. The sherrif was then ordered to either take me to a state facility or back to the county jail i came from only if they were willing to keep me for the entire sentence. They took me back to the county jail, then after my first sentence was up, they released me. Am I free to serve out my sentence on the street? Are they legally able to put me back in prison? Im confused on this one. Any ideas?What is the name of your state?
**A: I suggest you move to Canada,

**A: I suggest you move to Canada,
Thats real helpful advice there. NOT. For 1 its no advice at all, and 2 you can not go to Canada if you have any DUI's much less 3 of them.

To the original poster... My guess is that you misunderstood the ruling... I don't see how a county could force another county to pay to keep a prisoner like you described your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">