• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Animal Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catsmouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My husband and I saw his father abuse his pet. My husband told him to stop and his father said he didn't care, take them, so we did. We were unable to care for the animals but found a trusted rescue and took them two days later. Now my father-in-law says we stole the animals and that he's going to call the police. If he follows through, could we be arrested or charged with a crime?

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My husband and I saw his father abuse his pet. My husband told him to stop and his father said he didn't care, take them, so we did. We were unable to care for the animals but found a trusted rescue and took them two days later. Now my father-in-law says we stole the animals and that he's going to call the police. If he follows through, could we be arrested or charged with a crime?
What was the abuse? Was a Vet consulted/visited? IOW: Do you have proof of the abuse?

catsmouse

What was the abuse? Was a Vet consulted/visited? IOW: Do you have proof of the abuse?
The animal is a bird and she was grabbed by the throat and picked up/thrown. There was brusing of the animal which we took pictures of. A vet was called but we didn't go in on their advice. The vet gave the name of the rescue group. What would be considered proof?
Thank you

Just Blue

The animal is a bird and she was grabbed by the throat and picked up/thrown. There was brusing of the animal which we took pictures of. A vet was called but we didn't go in on their advice. The vet gave the name of the rescue group. What would be considered proof?
Thank you
What kind of bird it this?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thank you
So you have no proof that your FIL caused the bruising, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">