• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Animal Protection Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nickwwepin

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

This questions pertains to all states, not just Massachusetts. I am wanting to start a private, non-profit, animal search and rescue type of organization. Kind of like the Animal Cops, we would investigate crimes and suspicious animal abuse.

Is it against the law to investigate cases like these without the a police license, or detective license/badge? If we find that a person has been abusing animals, do we have the right to place the person in handcuffs and call the police to pick them up?

Please explain this to me! Thanks so much.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your question is VERY state specific. Each state will have different (sometimes very different) laws regarding what you are trying to do. Both as it pertains to the animal cruelty laws, and as it pertains to the operation of your organization.

Furthermore, the information you would like cannot be answered accurately in any way, shape or form over an internet message board. You should seek legal counsel locally. He or she can then advise as to what steps to take.

seniorjudge

Yeah, spend your dough on rescuing the critters, not harassing people!

(Dogs and cats get a nice welcome around my place. Armadillos, snapping turtles, and deer are on the endangered list...they are in danger of me blowing their heads off!)

:eek::eek::eek:

HomeGuru

Yeah, spend your dough on rescuing the critters, not harassing people!

(Dogs and cats get a nice welcome around my place. Armadillos, snapping turtles, and deer are on the endangered list...they are in danger of me blowing their heads off!)

:eek::eek::eek:
**A: good one.

quincy

Hey! Nickwwepin!! Head on over to St. Odo's with your posse and handcuffs! There are some armadillos in need of assistance!! :eek:

(I like your idea, by the way, Nick, if you can work out the legalities)

fairisfair

Hey! Nickwwepin!! Head on over to St. Odo's with your posse and handcuffs! There are some armadillos in need of assistance!! :eek:

Aw.... look at you Quincy, ya made it!!!!:)

and funny about the Odo's Armadillos!!!:D

Just Blue

Congrats on Senior Status Quincy!!! :cool:

seniorjudge

Sorry, It seemed to go with the topic somewhat, and with all the drivel that was being posted, this thread looked like it needed to get back on some kind of topic. I removed my post and put it under its own thread as instructed. Look for "Criminal Harrassment?"
Drivel?

You want to see drivel read some of this jerk's posts.

He lets his dogs run loose and they are killers!:mad:

quincy

cluttrel -

It is hard to imagine why you thought Nick's thread about rescuing animals from abuse had anything to do with your post about how you would just as soon have your neighbor shoot your dogs because they are so much trouble. Unless you were wanting handcuffs of your own.

And here is a tip: If you want advice from people on this forum, it is usually wise not to insult them.

(Just thought I'd add this bit of "drivel" 'cuz you pissed me off.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">