• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Grand Jury Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dpinsd

What is the name of your state? California

Hello everyone,

I hope everyones Thanksgiving went wonderful and the rest of the Holidays are just as good!!!

I posted a while back about a grand jury hearing coming up and I had some more questions that maybe you all could answer.

It has been 9 weeks since the we know the grand jury started. ( we know this as the beginning start date because we know people who have gotten subpoenas, it may have been sooner )

The question is, does the District Attorney have to let the defendant know that a bill came back yes or no.

Two weeks ago my friend attorney contacted the DA's office for status, and they did not reveal anything but did asked if the defendant would take a polygraph. His attorney declined.

Also the lead detective made some calls one of the possible witnesses parents threatening them that their child is facing perjury after the grand jury. I am not sure why the detective wouldnt just call the witnesses attorney.

It is just strange. I felt if it were clear at he grand jury an indictment would have come in quick.

We are all sort of hanging by a thread hear and maybe someone here could read between the lines and have an idea. I has been almost 9 weeks and all we have heard is the grand jury wanting to take a polygraph and the grand jury wanting copies of the defendants employment pay records from the employer themself.

Thanks everyone
Dennis

racer72

I has been almost 9 weeks and all we have heard is the grand jury wanting to take a polygraph and the grand jury wanting copies of the defendants employment pay records from the employer themself.
That means that they have not made up their minds yet. It took a grand jury over 4 years to make a decision in the Barry Bonds case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">