• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Preliminary hearing??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KRSMom

What is the name of your state? NC

Okay--now I am really getting confused. My DH' ex got caught with her ex-mother in-laws checks and got arrested. She had a prelim hearing which was postponed because she showed up without an attorney. Her 2nd prelim was Friday. When I got on the computer this morning to find out any info, she has another prelim in October!!! Same charge. Why does she keep getting prelims and no trial date?

Thanks for any info that will enlighten me on this subject!!!

K

KRSMom

Can anyone answer as to why a person would be given 3 prelim's? I know the reasons for the first 2 but why on earth a 3rd?

stephenk

She hasnt had a preliminary hearing yet. What you are seeing are continuances. She will only have one preliminary hearing.

K

KRSMom

Ok. I know why the first 2 were continued but why a 3rd time? The first was because she didn't get an attorney not too sure about the 2nd but now a 3rd?

stephenk

if the defendant has waived time for a prelim to be heard, there are a number of reasons it can be continued. Maybe the prosecutor wasnt ready or the defense attorney wasnt ready. Maybe the court was in trial on another case.

K

KRSMom

Ok. Thanks for the help. Just want to see this case settled and justice done! Didn't know it was going to take forever!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">