• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ARD Program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

casandra

I m 26 female no priors I work and am in school. I have court date Jan 12th for self defense, I didn't
mean to hit my abusive boyfriend of 5 years, but he was throwing things at me and I waved my arm to get
out and something may have hit him. He wasn't hurt and doesn't want to press charges but the police
arrested me. The state picked it up of course. My family hired a criminal lawyer and On my court date Jan
12th, he is asking for a continuous and applying for an ARD. Please tell me if the ARD includes
counseling and is there a cost for that. Thank you Dina

jimnyc

I m 26 female no priors I work and am in school. I have court date Jan 12th for self defense, I didn't
mean to hit my abusive boyfriend of 5 years, but he was throwing things at me and I waved my arm to get
out and something may have hit him. He wasn't hurt and doesn't want to press charges but the police
arrested me. The state picked it up of course. My family hired a criminal lawyer and On my court date Jan
12th, he is asking for a continuous and applying for an ARD. Please tell me if the ARD includes
Your actual charge is for "self defense"? :confused:

casandra

charges

Your actual charge is for "self defense"? :confused:
Hi I am not to sure how to reply, no my charges are assault simple assault but my x has priors. I am told the ard program will help me but will it include counseling and is there a cost for it. The lawyer fee is all my family has as it is and I know I need counseling.

FlyingRon

You really have two options: go to court on the and convince that this is actual self defense (note that the self defense has a much more narrow meaning than what many people want to ascribe to it) or do ARD.

If you lose the case it will have serious implications to you (of which the monetary ones will be at least what you'd be paying for ARD. They're likely to give you similar probation conditions).

Even if they don't mandate counseling as a condition of your ARD probation, you're going to pay a lot of money. First off they're going to hit you up for a zillion fees like the "constable" (I never did understand why he had a handout in the case I was involved in) I think to the tune of $1500. Then the probation department will want their cut just to push your paper around your PO's desk.

You should listen carefully to your lawyer.

Mt_Vernon

Hi I am not to sure how to reply, no my charges are assault simple assault but my x has priors. I am told the ard program will help me but will it include counseling and is there a cost for it. The lawyer fee is all my family has as it is and I know I need counseling.
Were you charged with "domestic violence"?

There is a whole industry involved in prosecuting domestic-violence cases, and the accused has to pay for that industry. Check this out:

http://www.massnews.com/past_issues/other/8_Aug/domviin.htm

Just Blue

What state are you in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">