• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

armed robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rightwithhim

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
On the night of November 4, 1982 a whilnew aquaintance and myself planned to go out. our evening began by himtaking a stereo from someone's locker, he then said if he could get some gold he could make some money. We headed out for downtown Philadelphia. We smoked a joint and had a rumand coke so we were buzzed pretty good. I had money and I also had my sony walkman with me under my field jacket. While walking he noticed this lady had a gold chain on her neck, so he walked up to her and snatched it off her neck. Her husband began pursuit as I just watched. Down on the corner there were about 6 white guys who also got in on the pursuit. They had him surrounded so I thought I should help himbeing we were both military. When I joined him he handed me the boom box and reached into his jacket and told the guys the first one who stepped up once getting popped. This guy did not have a gun what he had was a bad idea that got worse. We began to run and I ran into a parking lot trying to hide. I tried to crawl under a car and only mmade it part ways. Soon I hear the police say we got one over here. The next thing I here is get up ******, and I did. Immediateky I was put in a choke hold, rabbit punched in the back of my head and kidneys; all while being questioned. The officers asked where was my buddy i lied and said I was by myself. Then one of the 6 white guys comes up and says he said he had a gun. Now I am being asked about a gun that did not exist. The next thing that happened was to me even more unbelievable that guy said i took his walkman, all you could see is the headphones;mind you I had it under my field jacket zipped up and snapped. In all my running when did I have time to do all that.The policemen unzipped and unsnapped my jacket and gave my walkman to the guy without any description. Neither did they admit it into evidence. I was charged with armed robbery. So there was two robberies and I was the victim of one of them. I was arrested and charged with armed robbery. I went to the public defender who was no help. He said you and I both know you stole that walkman don't we and I said no you and I both don't know that. My problem is I had thrown away my receipt after I bought it. when I bought it I gave the Lady who sold it to me a rose which was mean't for my date who stood me up. I went back to the pawnshop where I bought it and she remembered me and made me another receipt but not for the date of purchase . The Public defender said it just says that I bought one recently no proof of a prior purchase and the lady said she would not come to testify on my behalf. It was close to Christmas i was young and had already experienced the miscarriages of justice so I came home to California. i recently found out that there is or was a felony warrant out for my arrest . What do I do Now?

Bravo8

Wasn't there a movie with (I think it was) Martin Lawrence and Danny Devito similar to this? Lawrence breaks into Devito's house, gets caught by the cops, and Devito claims that Lawrence's ring was his own. The police take the ring and give it to Devito. Poetic justice, if you ask me.......

Anyway, turn yourself in. That's the only way to rectify the situation.

And stop playing a victim.....you are not.

CdwJava

You need to get an attorney and take care of the matter. Or, someone is going to stop and contact you someday and you are going to go to jail and be a guest of the state for a long time. And if the warrant is for armed robbery, chances are they will extradite even from CA.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">