• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest but never convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chasity11

I live in Georgia in 2012 I was arrested and spent 41 days in jail for crossing the guard lines and possession with the intent to distribute. Well for one there was no drugs that was in my possession or taken off me or my property they were in a trash can in the visitation area that I never even went to a girl came to my table and took my trash off my table and put my stuff and hers in the trash and the officers got the trash and searched it and found drugs to make a long story short its been four years and I never went to court for the charges and the girl ended up charged with the drugs but its still on my arrest records how can I get this off my record when the bonds company is out of business and I wasn't even probated for anything or ever seen a judge period??

quincy

I live in Georgia in 2012 I was arrested and spent 41 days in jail for crossing the guard lines and possession with the intent to distribute. Well for one there was no drugs that was in my possession or taken off me or my property they were in a trash can in the visitation area that I never even went to a girl came to my table and took my trash off my table and put my stuff and hers in the trash and the officers got the trash and searched it and found drugs to make a long story short its been four years and I never went to court for the charges and the girl ended up charged with the drugs but its still on my arrest records how can I get this off my record when the bonds company is out of business and I wasn't even probated for anything or ever seen a judge period??
Here is a link to the Georgia Justice Project that answers questions on record restriction (expungements) in Georgia: http://www.gjp.org/programs/criminal-records/faqs/faqs-expungements/

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">