• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest & Disposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joenobody2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Arrested 13 years ago for a felony, grand larceny. Released after 10 hours and never went to court or was charged (other than arrested).

What would my disposition be? Is it possible to get something?

I don't live in the state anymore so if it's possible to get a disposition do I need to hire a lawyer to get it? Send in a ceritified form?

JETX

Arrested 13 years ago for a felony, grand larceny. Released after 10 hours and never went to court or was charged (other than arrested).
Presumably, either one of two things happened:
1) Prosecutor lost your file and they forgot about you, or
2) You are confused or they tried to contact you and you have an FTA (Failure to Appear) arrest warrant out in your name.

I suggest you contact the court or arresting agency and try to find out the status of the case against you.

joenobody2

They released me prior to going to court for arraignment without any information.

I had a lawyer then (who I don't remember his name, probably long retired since it was so long ago).

They never contacted me or the lawyer(or I would of heard).

Would contacting them cause issues if I got lost in the system back then or deemed not chargeable?

Or do I try to find a lawyer (or that lawyer) to contact them on my behalf since I don't live in the state anymore?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">