• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mx123420022002

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was arrested a few years ago for reieving stolen property, but after talkign witht he prosecuter about the matter, and the fact that I was considering the military, they didn't file any charges. He said after 5 years I could expunge the arrest record. What I want to know is can an employer get access to an arrest record in my state? I know in many states it is illegal for anyone to access someones arrest records, just court records are considered available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

racer72

I know in many states it is illegal for anyone to access someones arrest records

Where did you get your info? Arrest records are considered public record and available to anyone. I have checked the arrest records of many folks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">