• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest Texas Style

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racer72

RedemptionMan said:
Wow that dude is gonna get PAID...... :eek:
He won't get squat. People have been shot and killed while running from the police. As far as a judge will probably see it, "Looks like he ran right in front of the vehicle to me".

stephenk

Ha ha ha! what a dufus.

I knew a L.A. City Attorney who defended civil suits filed against LAPD for brutality, false arrests, etc.

he had one case where the cops shot the guy in the stomach with a shotgun. Why? Because when they told him to put his hands up he put his hands toward his waist and the copy saw a silver flash. The flash was actually the guy stuffing his beer can in his pants.

The guy sued the cops and demanded over $500,000 at trial. During the trial, my friend offered as a settlement to replace the beer that was shot up by the cop.

The jury came back with a defense award.

The case was written up in the local legal paper with the beer offer included.

CdwJava

However it turns out, it just goes to show what CAN happen when you run from the cops!

- Carl

stephenk said:
Ha ha ha! what a dufus.

I knew a L.A. City Attorney who defended civil suits filed against LAPD for brutality, false arrests, etc.

he had one case where the cops shot the guy in the stomach with a shotgun. Why? Because when they told him to put his hands up he put his hands toward his waist and the copy saw a silver flash. The flash was actually the guy stuffing his beer can in his pants.

The guy sued the cops and demanded over $500,000 at trial. During the trial, my friend offered as a settlement to replace the beer that was shot up by the cop.

The jury came back with a defense award.

The case was written up in the local legal paper with the beer offer included.

wasn't Johnnie Cochran was it? he was the best civil rights attorney I have ever seen**************.now who are the rich and famous going to turn to?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">