• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest Warrant 13 yrs old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vmstol

In GA

I just found out I have a Felony arrest warrant in another state from 13 years ago I never new about.

If I get picked up in the state I am in now will the warrant show up?

What are the chances they are still looking?

seniorjudge

Q: If I get picked up in the state I am in now will the warrant show up?

A: Yes.

Q: What are the chances they are still looking?

A: 100%.

ENASNI

whoa

WHen I read the title of this thread I thought it was for an arrest warrant for a thirteen year old... phew.

OUTOFSITE

Hummm

seniorjudge said:
Q: If I get picked up in the state I am in now will the warrant show up?

A: Yes.

Q: What are the chances they are still looking?

A: 100%.
THEY MUST NOT HAVE BEEN LOOKING TOO HARD???:p

CdwJava

OUTOFSITE said:
THEY MUST NOT HAVE BEEN LOOKING TOO HARD???:p
Not all warrants are a big deal. Plus, since he has moved out of state it would make it hard for them to find and serve him unless they were seriously hunting him down.

- Carl

hermit1

vmstol said:
In GA

I just found out I have a Felony arrest warrant in another state from 13 years ago I never new about.

If I get picked up in the state I am in now will the warrant show up?

What are the chances they are still looking?

Dude, you are running a serious risk here. You need to call whatever/whomever this warrant is issued from. If you never knew about it, it might be as easy as paying a few bucks, or a case of mistaken identity. Call the jursidiction in question and ask them. if it rings a bell, get it taken care of ASAP... if it doesn't ring a bell, get it taken care of ASAP anyways. You would be amazed how many warrants are outstanding.... I imagine this is an easy fix, just talk to them... waiting and wondering about a warrant cannot be a good thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">