• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest warrant after settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

isitover

What is the name of your state? MO

I was reported for violating probation after failing to complete community service hours before 1 month till the expiration of my probation. My PO recommended revocation and suspension pending hearing. He also recommended discharge from probation if I had complied before the hearing. Before the violation hearing I completed the community service hours.

At the hearing I talked to the prosecuting attorney and she agreed to a disharge since I had completed the community service requirement. She filled out a form which states that the probation is "considered to be completed successfully". She signed, I signed, then the judge approved and signed it.

Unbeknownst to myself, a month before the hearing an arrest warrant was issued on me for probation violation. The matter was never discussed during the violation hearing. However, only a week after the hearing, I recieved a notice about the warrant. The notice states that I must turn myself in within 10 days of the postmark date or attempts will be made to arrest me.

My question is this: I have a copy of the form from the hearing (signed by the prosecuter, the judge, and myself) stating that the probation is considered completed successfully. So, is the warrant valid? If I am arrested on it, is this a false arrest? How do I take care of it without the threat of arrest and detention?

I just don't understand how I can be arrested for probation violation after the case was settled and the probation discharged in court.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Aren't computers wonderful?

Bring both papers with you to the D.A.'s office and demand, yell, swear, scream and jump up and down, until they purge their computer data base.

IAAL

I

isitover

I think you might be right.

After a little research, I've discovered that my county is currently in the process of changing our case numbering system. It may be possible that the settlement was filed under the old (or new for that matter) case number. But, will they just let me waltz right into the D.A.s office so easily?

Anyone else care to comment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">