• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest warrant in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soccermom

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have an unsual case, which is going to sound stupid, and is going to take a bit to explain. I am a small hobby breeder of dogs and I occasionally ship puppies to their prospective homes. The city I lived in experienced an extremely odd storm that took out most of the electricity, phones, and even our cell phones didn't work for a few days. We got straight line winds that literally uprooted 100 year old trees. The city looked like a disaster area and we ourselves didn't get out power back for 10 days. Some of the stations ran out of gas, there was no place ot eat out as nne of the restraunts had pwer either. They advised everyone for the first few days to stay in if they could because they needed to clear the roads. okay, in the mean time I was supposed to ship a dog the morning after the storm hit and could not. The next day came around and the city was no running yet. Our cell phones worked off and on, but mostly off. I contacted the woman who was supposed to get the dog and she didn't believe anything I said since she saw nothing on her news in NJ. A puppy has to have a health certificate to ship ( only to make sure it is fit to fly and for nothing else), but there were no vets open as most still had no electricity or telephones. Only about 5-6 days after the storm did we start to see things start to get back to normal. This woman was heinous and demanding, and we had just put all of our money for the downpayment on a house so I couldn't give her money back. I took a health certificate for another puppy, altered the date and shipped the puppy. I did not realize this was a crime or I wouldn't have done it. My family moved out of state to the house we bought. A year later I find out that she called the vet to check shot records or something and when they told her they didn't see that puppy she pushed and got the health certificate sent to whoever does that and pushed to have me charged for it. I didn't know any of this the charges were filed almost a year after the incident. I wasn't aware of any of it until someone sent me a link to outstanding warrant thing. Now I have a outstanding misdemeanor warrant for forgery. I live 1200 miles away and don't know what to do. I need to get my drivers license renewed and don't know if things like that will show in my state. (I got stopped one for a burned out tail light and they ran my license and nothing came up) I don't know what to do with the warrant, I don't know the time limitations on something like that. I have never had so much as a speeding ticket in my liife and have no idea what to do. Sorry that this is long and silly sounding, but I am unfamiliar with any of this and don't know how it works. I have lived out of state for two years after the warrant was filed so this is a semi old thing. Is this something I should worry about? Can I get my license? Should I deal with it, or how do I deal with it?

acmb05

Probably wont affect your license

However I would call the county that issued the warrant and ask them what needs to be done. If it is a misdemeanor then you probably can just pay a fine and have it done with.

Explain tot hem that you are living out of state now but want to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">