• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest warrant issued lawyer did not file motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saiph1xx

What is the name of your state? New York

Trial will take place in polk county florida.
After I bonded my brother out of jail, he was appointed an attorney. We signed waiver forms so that he would not have to attend a hearing conference and pre trial court date as he is in therapy 4 times a week in new york city and because the case is very complicated his attorney said he needed alot more time.
It has now come to our attention that either the court lost the motion his attorney put in for or the attorney forgot the motion. The court does have my brothers waiver papers but issued warrant for his arrest. The main newspaper out there said my brother did not appear in court and is a fugitive. I cannot get ahold of his attorney I only get to speak with his secretary and do not know what to do as the sheriffs office out here will be coming to get my brother at any time.

Can I fire court appointed attorney and sue him if he is not filing motions.
What can I do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">