• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest warrant for missing trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

one_self

state: New Jersey

I got a parking ticket for parking in a handicapped space. I went to the arraignment. I decided to plead not guilty and fight it. Reason being is because I wasn't parked in a handicapped parking space! A date for trial was scheduled and I missed it. A week after the missed court date, I received a noticed that there is a warrant for my arrest for contempt of court. There is now a $500 bond. I am in North Carolina and cant report to the police station and post bail nor attend any court date. What to do to handle the situation? I would like to just pay the ticket and moved on!

justalayman

too late. The contempt of court is a separate issue, separate charge.

If you fail to take care of the warrant, it will simply set there. If you get stopped by the police for a traffic violation, they may discover the warrant and arrest you and hold you until they are notified by NJ that NJ will or won't extradite you to face the charges.

Your call:

fix it now or risk the problems later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">