• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest warrant notice in ma/small claim/now living in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MicaVlad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi, today i got an ARREST WARRANT NOTICE from Massachusetts, it says: THE MARLBORO DISTRICT COURT HAS ISSUED A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST. this is because we didnt show at a small claim court date. we didnt know! we moved to Florida a year ago, and we used the address of some of our friends and they send the letter there, we got it two months after when our friends mailed us a bunch of mail they ve been getting for us. (this story is https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/small-claim-never-served-debt-twice-original-574059.html#post3009239) long story short, my husband got a TV we lost our jobs, we couldn't pay it anymore, we went into a foreclosure, we got the debt forgiven for the house, but the Tv has been hunting us till today. my questions are: can my husband be arrested here in Florida because of this? how can we fix this? can they come after us here in Florida for the money? how can we get this warrant out of our record? if we pay this will this come out of our record? can he renew his drivers license in Florida now with this kind of warrant? can he come back to Ma.? thank you so much for your help, we never thought we could get arrested when you cant pay something.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi, today i got an ARREST WARRANT NOTICE from Massachusetts, it says: THE MARLBORO DISTRICT COURT HAS ISSUED A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST. this is because we didnt show at a small claim court date. we didnt know! we moved to Florida a year ago, and we used the address of some of our friends and they send the letter there, we got it two months after when our friends mailed us a bunch of mail they ve been getting for us. (this story is https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/small-claim-never-served-debt-twice-original-574059.html#post3009239) long story short, my husband got a TV we lost our jobs, we couldn't pay it anymore, we went into a foreclosure, we got the debt forgiven for the house, but the Tv has been hunting us till today. my questions are: can my husband be arrested here in Florida because of this? how can we fix this? can they come after us here in Florida for the money? how can we get this warrant out of our record? if we pay this will this come out of our record? can he renew his drivers license in Florida now with this kind of warrant? can he come back to Ma.? thank you so much for your help, we never thought we could get arrested when you cant pay something.
I'll bet you didn't think anyone would actually go back to your original post, right?

In your ORIGINAL POST, you knew about the Small Claims case, you even got a notice in the mail saying you had lost the case. Now you are claiming you never knew about it - AGAIN.

I'll bet that arrest warrant was issued for your failure to appear at a Debtor's Exam in Massachusetts. When they issue those kinds of warrants, they often require bail in the amount of the unpaid debt. You can read about it here: http://law.onecle.com/massachusetts/224/6.html

The only way you are going to take care of that warrant is to pay what you owe.

Whether or not Florida authorities will honor the arrest warrant is uncertain, as I am unclear on whether or not such a warrant issued under these circumstances is considered an extraditable offense.

MicaVlad

I'll bet you didn't think anyone would actually go back to your original post, right?

In your ORIGINAL POST, you knew about the Small Claims case, you even got a notice in the mail saying you had lost the case. Now you are claiming you never knew about it - AGAIN.

I'll bet that arrest warrant was issued for your failure to appear at a Debtor's Exam in Massachusetts. When they issue those kinds of warrants, they often require bail in the amount of the unpaid debt. You can read about it here: http://law.onecle.com/massachusetts/224/6.html

The only way you are going to take care of that warrant is to pay what you owe.

Whether or not Florida authorities will honor the arrest warrant is uncertain, as I am unclear on whether or not such a warrant issued under these circumstances is considered an extraditable offense.
thank you so much for your answer, maybe i didnt express my self clear, it is not that i didn't know per se, i didn't know in the time when i could do something about it, i got all the mail about it months after the court date was issued.

thank you for your answer and time, i really appreciate.

Mass_Shyster

This is most likely a Civil Arrest Warrant that can only be executed by the Sheriff of Middlesex County, and can only be executed while the courthouse is open. Furthermore, if they arrest you and bring you to the courthouse, the plaintiff must show up by the close of business, or you'll be released.

The power of these warrants are so limited that they are almost never executed, although they make a great scare tactic for a debt collector.

MicaVlad

This is most likely a Civil Arrest Warrant that can only be executed by the Sheriff of Middlesex County, and can only be executed while the courthouse is open. Furthermore, if they arrest you and bring you to the courthouse, the plaintiff must show up by the close of business, or you'll be released.

The power of these warrants are so limited that they are almost never executed, although they make a great scare tactic for a debt collector.
ive been reading online that many people shows and they are treated like scum, and with no right to say nothing they are held until they pay for what they owe, and that only happens in Massachusetts. now if i want to fix this, can i fix it from florida or do i have to show up in mass. is there anyway to fix it without getting arrested?

MicaVlad

Perhaps OP will keep her/his illiterate-self down south. And every time Ms/Mr deadbeatcannotorwillnotpaybills is pulled over by police, and you KNOW that will happen, s/he/it will spend some days in lockup.

OP??

Hello from Mass!! (wave) :p
i thought in this forum you could get help or assistance from lawyers not grammar girl spelling check. did i post this in the wrong forum site?
God bless all of you fro your heartless and pointless help.

so for the real lawyers and not for the grammar girls, i ask again, how can i fix this problem from FL?

swalsh411

Insulting volunteers is a great way to not get help.

And do you really think most of the regulars are lawyers? There are some, but most are not. Maybe you should read the TOS.

My advice is to you pay what you owe and stop acting dumb and making excuses. If you require advice from an attorney you can use one of the links.

MicaVlad

Insulting volunteers is a great way to not get help.

And do you really think most of the regulars are lawyers? There are some, but most are not. Maybe you should read the TOS.

My advice is to you pay what you owe and stop acting dumb and making excuses. If you require advice from an attorney you can use one of the links.
insulting? 4 people made fun of me and im the one insulting? i asked a serious matter and i haven't gotten a professional response beside the jokes, maybe some called "volunteers" have fun with my problem, i wish i could get someone who has some knowledge about this matter. how to fix this problem from Fl, i know i have to pay, but we want to fix it from here, can we just send a check?

please serious answers.

dave33

i thought in this forum you could get help or assistance from lawyers not grammar girl spelling check. did i post this in the wrong forum site?
God bless all of you fro your heartless and pointless help.

so for the real lawyers and not for the grammar girls, i ask again, how can i fix this problem from FL?
Stevef gave you the answer. As for the warrant, all you can do is pay the fine and see if that clears up the situation.
If the warrant still appears than you know you must appear. At this point, this seems to be your only option, besides doing
nothing at all. goodluck.

MicaVlad

Stevef gave you the answer. As for the warrant, all you can do is pay the fine and see if that clears up the situation.
If the warrant still appears than you know you must appear. At this point, this seems to be your only option, besides doing
nothing at all. goodluck.
thank you for your time and clearing it up for me. have a wonderful weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">