• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested for battery, jailed, bonded out, can charges be dropped bond money returned?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candy1069

What is the name of your state? arrested in GA live in CA

on vacation in GA attacked in hotel parking lot by another woman traveling with our group, I called police to help me and have her arrested. The police believe her lies, arrest both of us. I spend 6 days in Cobb County jail before I am bonded out. The injuries I sustained were not treated as recommended by the nurse at the jail intake.
I have a degree in Administration of Justice, am 49 years old and do not go out and settle disputes by fighting someone. I have never been arrested in my entire life and the other woman has a criminal history a mile long and has been arrested twice in the last year that I know of. But the police believed her story and instead of comming to my protection, they arrest both of us.
After six days in jail for battery, I was not battering her, I was just defending myself, I was bonded out paying a cash bond of 1220.00. Being in Cobb County jail in Georgia was a complete nightmare for me. The woman and I made friends and now she says she or her witness, who also gave a false story to the police that night, will not be there to testify against me in court.

I am back in California where I live and my court date is set for July 22, 2005. What I would like to happen is to get these charges dropped and get credit for time served and get my bond money back.
Is this possible?

Keep this in mind, no one in jail is your friend. The charge is serious, you have alot of time till your court date, get a lawyer.

ticko88

i myself live in cobb county, what part of cobb was it, cobb is very strict, i have court june 2nd for aggrivated assault, someone was pushing me and i pulled out a asp baton and never even swung on the guy... hopefully gets dropped to simple assault...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">