• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested and Booked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

f1re

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was recently arrested for underage drinking by campus police. After being detained in the campus police station and told i was to be release, i was rather transported downtown to a preccint and booked into the jail there. Is there a reason why i was booked for such a small misdemeanor? Also, i have not yet been to my court date but one of the cops told me that this charge will probably be removed from my record. Is this true since its my first offense? Also, even if the charge is removed, will my arrest still be on record or will everything be removed? Please answer. Thanks

fairisfair

what makes you think that underage drinking is "such a small misdemeanor"

State of Illinois
Operate a motor vehicle with any alcohol in their system. Illinois' "Use It & Lose It"/zero tolerance law became effective on January 1, 1995. It set the acceptable blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level for drivers under the age of 21 at .00.

Penalties for violating the laws are stiff. For illegal possession, the fine can range from $500 to $2,500 or 364 days in jail. The use of a false I.D. card can lead to a fine of $25,000 or three years in jail.

Adults over age 21, who provide alcohol to or for minors, also violate the law and face criminal penalties. For the illegal sale or furnishing of alcohol to minors, there is a penalty of up to $2,500 and/or 364 days in jail.

Last edited:

f1re

the officer told me it was a reasonably small offense because there was no driving involved and it was an underage with possession. it was not me that labeled it so. Furthermore, i was never breathalized. Plus, you never answered the questions. so someone who actually wants to answer the questions please reply. i didnt post to be judged, no ones perfect.

I did not [Operate a motor vehicle with any alcohol in their system]. I was not given a citation nor a fine. I was arrested without being read my rights and without being told the exact charge til several hours later. So how does your reply apply?

Last edited:

CdwJava

There are procedures for everything. Policy or law likely prevented them from kicking you loose after you had been drinking, so they had to take you to the lockup.

- Carl

lizzi_8705

A party I was at got busted and everyone got underaged drinking tickets. Some people got their cases dropped and some just had to go through some kind of rehab course and do some public service work and as far as I know no one had anything on their record. As long as you are not a repeat offender they usually let things slide with some fines and classes. I'm from IL too so I dont think your results could be much different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">