• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested but not charged with cultivation of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

captainbipto

What is the name of your state? Colorado

A little over 2 months ago my house was raided on a warrant for the address itself because of my roommate making fake ids. They arrested both of us without reading us our rights until after we were jailed for about an hour. They were informed by me and my roommate that I was not involved with the ids. They seized 2 buckets of soil, seeds, and a light but there were no plants growing. They opened my safe took all of my cash, both of my legal/unloaded registered guns. They seized less than 2 ounces of marijuana and my computer and I haven't heard anything from them since then. They released me a few hours later. They have not charged or contacted me. When asked what I was being charged with they stated, "Cultivation of marijuana and possession of marijuana and paraphernalia". Do they have a case and how long do they have to charge me?

racer72

captainbipto said:
Do they have a case and how long do they have to charge me?
It sure appears so and they have one year to charge you.

Oh, and you have been watching too many cop shows on TV, your rights only need to be read prior to interrogation, not at the time of arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">