• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested-in Custody--no Bond--no Attny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KUJAWA

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
SON WAS ARRESTED, IN ONE COUNTY.. HAD AN OUTSTANDING PROB VIOL.. IN ANOTHER COUNTY.. IN CUSTODY IN COUNTY ARRESTED FOR 2 FELONIES, BOND HAS BEEN SET.

outstanding warrant.. bond on hold-- bond set, but on hold

been 1 month in custody

hired an attorney in county with outstanding warrant- as this is the largest charge of the 3

have not seen the attorney in person to discuss options and tell him the truth
cannot call attorney collect from facility
receiving messages from attorney thru other phone calls
attorney says he will see me 1 week before trial date.. which is 3 weeks away

attorney says he is trying to make a deal... what does one do, get another attorney cannot do as out of money. the attorney ask fee of 20,000.. which partial paid retainer

help , help,,, please what do i tell him to do,, he is in custody scared..

CdwJava

If he has the money he can hire another attorney. At this point it seems clear that your son has a world of problems. One does not accidentally get accused of multiple felonies and probation violations in multiple counties! Even if you or your son hired the best attorney in the world, there just may be nothign that CAN be done.

The fact his attorney has not seen him yet is not likely a big issue. The first hearing may be nothing more than an arraignement anyway - there is not much to be done there besides plead "guilty" or "not guilty". There might be other procedural things like bail reduction requests, extradition issues, etc., but these are not Perry Mason events. Only when/if this goes to trial will the attorney have to meet for a good amount of time with your son. Until then, there really is not a whole lot to discuss.

- Carl

KUJAWA

no bond ... no attorney

surely know this is major.. and son knows that also..

thanks for your reply..
this is so sad.. pay an attorney 20,000 and dont get to tell your story... or see who has your life in their hands..????

mom is in the middle... trying to support the mental being of her son..

and the attorney is representing him,, not the mom..

and sons dont tell moms everything... !!

CdwJava

The $20,000 is likely what the attorney expects the trial to cost. But, depending on the evidence, there may be little to be done short of making a good plea deal. If I had to guess, I'd say that he is likely guilty of something and that no attorney is going to be able to get him off.

Sad or not, the attorney is not in the business of listening to his story - he's in the business of representing his client. His story may be sad and depressing, but it may be entirely irrelevent to the charges at hand. Usually, that is the case - sad but irrelevent. And, depending on the type of case, the attorney may not want to know all the details for tactical reasons.

At some point before trial, your son should be able to speak to his attorney. It may not be long at this point, but if it goes to a jury or court trial, they WILL have to meet.

I suppose his other option is to have the court appoint him counsel if he is unable to pay for an attorney himself. Depending on the evidence against him, that might be a good idea ... save $20,000 and get someone more familiar with the local system and the parties involved to negotiate a plea.

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

All of the effort you made to find this site, sign up and then post a question and you didn't think it was important enough to state exactly why your son was arrested?:rolleyes:

KUJAWA

BelizeBreeze said:
All of the effort you made to find this site, sign up and then post a question and you didn't think it was important enough to state exactly why your son was arrested?:rolleyes:

sorry, arrest was.. dwi, possession... he had a diabetic attack , passed out at the wheel, 911 was called 2 times, taken to a hospital ,, police took wallet on passenger seat, which was NOT his, he was in the hospital, in jail, under wrong name ... and still is ! wrong name

the meth drugs was in wallet of passenger who was in truck but fled when he passed out , who also fled with the girlfriend who my son new.. he didnt know the person in passenger seat whose name he was arrested under and taken to medical center and then to jail..

son is 32 yrs old.. not a baby..at all.. and i dont claim him to be perfect.. !!no charge for wrong identity..

i drove 3 hrs to get vehicle, which the rest of the wallet was in, which i have..ss card, credit cards,etc, and my sons id also which was in compartment that police didnt look at !

but.. son was on probation violation and knew it.!! that is the charge he is worried about.. and wants to deal with in his home county, where he hired the attorney.. but he is still in other county waiting ....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">