• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for Delay of Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monez

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? AZ
I was arrested for delay of arrest outside of a club in Tempe, AZ for asking the officers why they were arresting my cousin. They already had him in handcuffs and all I did was ask my question more than once. How can I defend this? Thank you.

CdwJava

monez said:
I was arrested for delay of arrest outside of a club in Tempe, AZ for asking the officers why they were arresting my cousin. They already had him in handcuffs and all I did was ask my question more than once. How can I defend this? Thank you.
Defend it by hiring an attorney.

If by your asking you were obstructing their way or impeding their movement or actions then you likely fell well within the elements of the offense.

Generally the police are not going to be keen on answering questions until they have the suspect secured and everything is calm and wonderful again.

- Carl

Curt581

How many times did the cops have to warn you to "step back or you'll go to Jail"?

How many times should it have taken before you realized they weren't kidding?

monez said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? AZ
Under this type of circumstance, it's difficult to believe that you calmly asked the officer why they were arresting your cousin. Tell the truth. Were you yelling at the cop and getting in the way?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">