• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested on false stalking accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lina111

We're in CA and my husband was taken into custody on Friday morning, tomorrow, Tuesday, it's his court. The thing is he was falsely accused, first of all because he wasn't at the place the "victim" states he was, plus he has never seen her and they both confirmed that they dont know each other and she said it was only that one time. he supposedly pulled up next to her at 12:45am and threatened her and she texted her sister who was across the street his license plate numbers and said that she was scared. first of all if her sister was across the street and someone pulled up and she was scared and texted her, why didnt the sister come up? or didnt she see someone was pulling over by her sister? or the fact that when youre scared you dont usually stand there and text someone you straight up call the cops if you feel threatened. anyways i am 8 in a half months pregnant and living alone with my husband, i have no relatives no one to take care of me and my husband may go to jail for no reason, this being one time meeting which is not even 100% sure happened. i hired a lawyer today but they still havent determined if my husbands case is a felony or misdemeaner. what will happen tomorrow? please help!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

And how do you know he didn't threaten her? Has he denied it? Had he been drinking? How do you know he was falsely accused? It's understandable you want to defend your husband but unless you were there you can't know what happened.

I would recommend your husband talk only to his attorney and not make any further statements to the police.

Lina111

i know because he was home at the time the victim says this happened, which again proves that this is some sort of false accusation, i dont know who the woman is and why she did what she did but i know my husband as well. will they keep him in jail today or let him out until the courtdate when they have to show proof?

Antigone*

i know because he was home at the time the victim says this happened, which again proves that this is some sort of false accusation, i dont know who the woman is and why she did what she did but i know my husband as well. will they keep him in jail today or let him out until the courtdate when they have to show proof?
We can't tell you what will happen, just be calm and allow his attorney to do his job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">