• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested/fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eddie/sam

What is the name of your state? florida:confused: i was arrested on my day off. i'm an indepentent contrator.so they say.and in the contrat it states [non-curable breach] company may terminate upon twenty four hour's written notice and distributor shall have no right to cure if distb.'s failure of performance involves criminal activity,threatens public health or safety,or threatens to do substantial harm to company's business. i was arrested for domesitic violance. my girl friend an i were argueing and i slamed my hand down on a shelf,things on the shelve fell ,and a glass vase broke. her dauthter come running in then we stopped argueing.10hrs later, her daughter asked her mom ????. so my girl friend took her daughter to the police station to get info for her daughter so if god forbid something really happen she would now what to do and what other signs of domesitic violance. there was no complant filed , which i did'nt believe becauce why would they arrest me. i later found out if there are children in the house at the time of the arrgueing you automatically go to jail. they explained the reason behind it, and it make's 100% sence. but in the mean while the officers made there own report. stateing they where in fear of there lifes.so i ended up with a leg monitor. and this is why i was really fired for. i told my top boss this was a miss understanding and it will all be dropped at the next court hearing. they did'nt care. the next hearing case was dismissed.i showed them the paper work. they said sorry. so i filed for unemployment,i won they appealed 3 times they lost. so now i find out i'm a statutory employee' so this is whair i get confused. so i'm hopeing someone could help answer at least one of my ??? / problems my main ??? is who breached the contrat. i was able to work up to 12hrs a day. i would like to thank all who replie.please help thank you eddie

T

toasted

""or threatens to do substantial harm to company's business.""

Your reputation is an extension of their reputation, so if they see this as such yes they can. It depends on how they see it though.

"" i later found out if there are children in the house at the time of the arrgueing you automatically go to jail.""

This must be a local ordenance because when my ex used to smack me around (hence now my ex) and the kids were home he never went to jail. And that happened in both Tampa and Clearwater.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">