• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested at a friends house and charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bamer

What is the name of your state? arkansas was with a friend and he was served a search warrant for drugs was arrested for instrument of crime /drug paraphanila I had no knowledge nor did he of any drugs other friend who was there claimed drugs and pipes he rented house and was not charged but I was charged and had just met girl who did posses said items .theese items were not in my possession or my handbag. however they were across room in a drawer.search warrant had correct address but wrong name example Richard E Gates name is Richard A Cates.can I be charged ? Can wrong name have case throwed out? Bamer

Son of Slam

bamer said:
What is the name of your state? arkansas was with a friend and he was served a search warrant for drugs was arrested for instrument of crime /drug paraphanila I had no knowledge nor did he of any drugs other friend who was there claimed drugs and pipes he rented house and was not charged but I was charged and had just met girl who did posses said items .theese items were not in my possession or my handbag. however they were across room in a drawer.search warrant had correct address but wrong name example Richard E Gates name is Richard A Cates.can I be charged ? Can wrong name have case throwed out? Bamer
Well, that's a tough one to answer unless we know the actual names that were used. It wasn't Bates was it?

smutlydog

bamer said:
What is the name of your state? arkansas was with a friend and he was served a search warrant for drugs was arrested for instrument of crime /drug paraphanila I had no knowledge nor did he of any drugs other friend who was there claimed drugs and pipes he rented house and was not charged but I was charged and had just met girl who did posses said items .theese items were not in my possession or my handbag. however they were across room in a drawer.search warrant had correct address but wrong name example Richard E Gates name is Richard A Cates.can I be charged ? Cwrong name have case throwed an out? Bamer
"Cwrong name have case throwed an out? "
probably not

"can I be charged ?"
possibly but probably won't be

An informant was in the house prior to the raid so the cops probably have detailed information about who was involved.

If you are a known drug dealer they will try and stick to you eventhough it would not pass the reasonable doubt test.At least in Texas it wouldn't.

On the other hand if you were in the room where the informant made the purchase it may not be such a weak case.Only you know how involved you were in the activity taking place at that house.

As a rule of thumb the cops probably know more than you think they do.That may work in your favor or maybe it will work against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">