• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested and missed hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chrysle526

What is the name of your state? California

I was arrested in Feb 04 for possesing antibiotics that were not perscribed to me, (poss of a controlled substance w/o a perscription). I did not make to to my hearing in April. I now have a bench warrant for an FTA and my bail is set at $5,500.00. What are my options? What are the chances of receiving jail time?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

chrysle526 said:

I was arrested in Feb 04 for possesing antibiotics that were not perscribed to me, (poss of a controlled substance w/o a perscription). I did not make to to my hearing in April. I now have a bench warrant for an FTA and my bail is set at $5,500.00. What are my options? What are the chances of receiving jail time?

My response:

Wow, you and your boyfriend are a real "Bonnie & Clyde" couple!

Can you say, "We're a pair of losers"?

IAAL

C

chrysle526

my life

You should really back off unless you have some helpful advice which you clearly do not. This is my life and you have no right to criticize it. We both made mistakes and we both are paying for them so please keep your balsy smart-mouthed comments to yourself

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dequeendistress said:
And let's say...we don't heed your warning to "back off"...then what?

My response:

Well, then she'll just "show us", won't she?

I can see her now, hands on hips, with smoke coming out of her ears!

She'll just huff, and puff, and BLOW my house down!

What a "skank dufus" this criminal chick is, eh? I can hear Flatt & Scruggs playing the "Bonnie & Clyde" banjo theme music in the background . . . But, I'll bet this idiot is nowhere near as gorgeous as Faye Dunaway, nor her boyfriend as good-looking as Warren Beatty.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

A closer look

IAAL,
We should give Chrysle a second chance.

After all, she states, "I was arrested in Feb 04 for possesing antibiotics that were not perscribed to me, (poss of a controlled substance w/o a perscription)."

Now FTA and everything aside, this thread rivals "stealing underware from Wal - Mart" don't you think she deserves a nomination for the yearly awards?

Maybe she will get time off for jockularity?

:rolleyes:

CdwJava

chrysle526 said:

As was suggested, get a lawyer and/or turn yourself in. The warrant will NOT go away. And your chances of jail time at some point is pretty good unless you have NO history.

And just what kind of antibiotics were these? I would think that in most cases you are going to get probation in CA for this.

Carl

CdwJava

The only thing I can think of is this is a charge for possessing a prescription that is not prescribed to the person. There are a few antibitotics that would fall into the C/S category, but not a lot ... at least that come to mind at the moment.

Carl

dequeendistress

Yes a forged prescription is about the only thing that came to my mind, but it is past time for my medication....who knows
I would also like to add....a warrant for arrest is a pretty good indication of some jail time...real soon.

rmet4nzkx

Perhaps the "antibotics" were for her "child" and not her or perhaps to treat something like a gun shot or infected track marks and trying not to get caught? But now with the FTA it looks like there is more problems than her and her boyfriend going to jail but her child, wonder what the game plan is?

chrysle526
custody in pa
I went through a custody battle in PA last year. The extent of what your ex can do all relies on the written custody agreement. Is he entitled to vacation time in the summer? If so, it is usually only for 2 non-consectutive weeks in the summer and usually he has to request these weeks ahead of time in May or so. Also, if there is nothing in your agreement stating he in prohibited from leaving the state during those 2 weeks he can go wherever.
Regarding child support, Pa handles those two matters 100% separately. Truth is, he can be behind in payments by the $1000.00's and he will still have every legal right to joint custody and seeing his kids. I know it sucks. My daughter is 5 years old and my ex owes over $20,000.00 . There is nothing that I can do...
-meghan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">