• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested Never Showed to Court for DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LawSilva

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi, I'm from Tampa Fl, and last november my friend from Orlando got arrested for DUI here in Tampa. I bailed him out and he got a lawyer later. The problem is that he didn't pay his lawyer and he missed the court date. I lost contac of him so I had to pay $500 to the bail bond office becouse he missed his courtdate. He never showed to court and he got a arrest warrant issued. It's been 8 months since the incident and today his brother called me saying that my friend got arrested in Orlando when he got pulled over (my friend was the driver). He is in jail in Orlando without bond and they said he is gonna be transfered to tampa by next week. My question is how deep in trouble is he, will he have to do more time in jail after he sees the judge next week and what kind of fines and consecuences is he facing.

B

badtenant

lets HOPE so.......he hasnt learned his lesson, he was driving on a SUSPENDED license and probably no insurance to boot....and he hasnt offered to pay you back the money he owes you.

So unless you were lovers.......write him off as a total LOSER.

S

sdstrooper

Your friend is a moron. He should've showed up to court and save himself some money. He'll probably now have to pay additional fines and court costs and perhaps spend some jail time for his warrant. I hope your not stupid enough to help him pay his fees again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">