• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested and now being extorted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smithshannie

What is the name of your state? florida
I was recently arrested for a mistake i made in a store. now i have a court date this week and just recieved a letter from the store asking for money and the charges will be dropped. is that extortion or should i pay them? shannie

BelizeBreeze

smithshannie said:
I was recently arrested for a mistake i made in a store. now i have a court date this week and just recieved a letter from the store asking for money and the charges will be dropped. is that extortion or should i pay them? shannie
A mistake?

That's a crock. You tried to steal something and got caught.

As for the 'extortion' it's called civil recovery and it's perfectly legal to teach thieves to keep their hands in their pockets.

rmet4nzkx

smithshannie said:
How old are you?
What was your mistake?
What is the charge?

gawm

weenor said:
A mistake is tripping over a clothing rack and certainly nothing you would be arrested for....
If OP would of done that, then they could extort the store.;)

outonbail

Perhaps the OP was mistaken on which items were free samples and which items were for sale?:cool:

Just in case this was her mistake, try to understand that the little slices of sausage with the tooth pick stuck in them are free samples, the sealed package with the price tag attached, is for purchase only!

Hope this clears up any confusion so you don't end up making any future mistakes!;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">