• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested out of state for simple assault, need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prekel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I live in pa and was arrested in Washington DC over the weekend for simple assault. I sat until 430 pm Monday and was released "No paper/No charges"
The other party involved was my partner of a year. We pre drank together in our hotel, went out to a club and continued to drink. The fight occurred back at our hotel after we both returned from the bar separately. We both sustained injuries him more than me I would say neither of us were hospitalized. I was arrested he was not. He is now harassing me and contacting me to get information so he can take more action against me. What should I prepare for and what actions can he still take? I want to pay for my responsibility in this but what actions can I take against him and how can I protect myself?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I live in pa and was arrested in Washington DC over the weekend for simple assault. I sat until 430 pm Monday and was released "No paper/No charges"
The other party involved was my partner of a year. We pre drank together in our hotel, went out to a club and continued to drink. The fight occurred back at our hotel after we both returned from the bar separately. We both sustained injuries him more than me I would say neither of us were hospitalized. I was arrested he was not. He is now harassing me and contacting me to get information so he can take more action against me. What should I prepare for and what actions can he still take? I want to pay for my responsibility in this but what actions can I take against him and how can I protect myself?
You need to cease any and all communication with him and you need to consult an attorney if you get charged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">