• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested on outstanding warrant. HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micahbob

What is the name of your state? washington

i was recently arrested in washington on an outstanding warrant i had gotten a couple years earlier for a MIP ticket i never went to court or paid for. i was on hard times and really couldn't afford to pay the ticket so i opted to avoid washington for a few years and hopefully it would expire. well luck didn't favor me and i have to go back this time or else lose bail which i can't afford to do. so what kind of penalties am i in for and what should i expect. this is an arraignment hearing and the bail was $675 if that helps. please help as soon as possible!!!

racer72

Guess what? Warrants never expire. A few years ago someone was arrested in King County on a 50 year old warrant. At the arraignment hearing you will be told of the original and any new charges and any fine amount and how long you have to take care of the problem. I am going to guess you won't get any new charges, just a fine for $675 and possible some probation and community service. You sign some papers telling you to report to a probation department and you will be on your way. Oh, your bail will be used to pay the fine. Handy, isn't it?

CdwJava

We just arrested someone on a 16 year old traffic warrant! Heck, it was so old the issuing court no longer exists (local Justice Court merged with the Superior Court years ago)!

Nice thing about warrants is they don't go away.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">