• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for Shoplifting in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyprus42

I am been accused of shoplifting. I was detatined at a Target parking lot over 100 meters away from Bestbuy (the people accusing). A known person to be was discovered in Best Buy with a box with its mechandise missing. They questioned him but said he was along and none of the video surviellance proved anything. I was in the parking lot of another store waiting for a friend when a cop suddenly pulls next to me and tells me to put my hands on the car, i asked why and politely refused, he didnt anwser and just asked me to do it again, so I did. He took my shopping bag away and found the stolen merchandise in it. He did not read any of my rites and kept questioning me, which I mostly refused to anwser. I have no record and I leave in a month to Africa for school. Is the case worth fighting or should accept their accusations.

Should I fight it or accept it?

Happy Trails

cyprus42 said:
I am been accused of shoplifting. I was detatined at a Target parking lot over 100 meters away from Bestbuy (the people accusing). A known person to be was discovered in Best Buy with a box with its mechandise missing. They questioned him but said he was along and none of the video surviellance proved anything. I was in the parking lot of another store waiting for a friend when a cop suddenly pulls next to me and tells me to put my hands on the car, i asked why and politely refused, he didnt anwser and just asked me to do it again, so I did. He took my shopping bag away and found the stolen merchandise in it. He did not read any of my rites and kept questioning me, which I mostly refused to anwser. I have no record and I leave in a month to Africa for school. Is the case worth fighting or should accept their accusations.

Should I fight it or accept it?
Duplicate post, go to: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=261996

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">