• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested then dismissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsird

My husband and I were arrested a few months back on a search waarant they had for our home. They got a search warrant because earlier in the day they had pulled my son over and his passenger had drugs on him in which he was not gonna take the blame so he passed it off on my son anyways they came with a search warrant. Beings we are the owners of the house they arrested me and my husband cost $1950 to bail us both out of jail he missed a whole day of work to go to court the next morning. Now heres my question they got 1950 in bail bond and we owe out lawyer 300 dollars and they dismissed the case we never even went in to see a judge. They dismissed for search warrant problems. Now we were never read our rights we were arested. and the search warrant had no judges signature on it. now do I stand a chance of sueing and getting this money back I talked to a officer and he told me to do it and they will give the money right back but you have to have money for a lawyer to get it started. DO I STAND A CHANCE?

racer72

Now heres my question they got 1950 in bail bond and we owe out lawyer 300 dollars and they dismissed the case we never even went in to see a judge.
File a claim for the return of the bail money. Should be no problem getting it back.

Now we were never read our rights we were arested.
For the 1,937th time, Miranda right are not required at the time of arrest. They are only required prior to questioning. Anything said by you or your husband cannot be used against you. Remember, what you see on TV is fiction, it does not happen that way in real life.

t
the search warrant had no judges signature on it.
You will probably find the officers had a verbal okay to perform the search, this will be especially true if the warrant was served at night or on a weekend.

now do I stand a chance of sueing and getting this money back
As stated, probably not. As I stated above, file a claim for a return of the bailment. As far as the other expensed incurred, who is the at fault party for your losses? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the police.

fairisfair

File a claim for the return of the bail money. Should be no problem getting it back.

For the 1,937th time, Miranda right are not required at the time of arrest. They are only required prior to questioning. Anything said by you or your husband cannot be used against you. Remember, what you see on TV is fiction, it does not happen that way in real life.

t
You will probably find the officers had a verbal okay to perform the search, this will be especially true if the warrant was served at night or on a weekend.

As stated, probably not. As I stated above, file a claim for a return of the bailment. As far as the other expensed incurred, who is the at fault party for your losses? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the police.

Of course you are right about the bail, if that was in fact the bail, and not the charge portion.

jrsird

I am not at all really concerned about all other losses I just think that I am titled to get that bail money back I feel I lost money for something that was dismissed and when they took it to the county attorny he said there was warrant problems and he dismissed it. Now my daughter had to bail us out of jail so it was all bail money all doings with the courts was dismissed. I dont feel that when they are in the wrong that they should get the money as well

HomeGuru

My husband and I were arrested a few months back on a search waarant they had for our home. They got a search warrant because earlier in the day they had pulled my son over and his passenger had drugs on him in which he was not gonna take the blame so he passed it off on my son anyways they came with a search warrant. Beings we are the owners of the house they arrested me and my husband cost $1950 to bail us both out of jail he missed a whole day of work to go to court the next morning. Now heres my question they got 1950 in bail bond and we owe out lawyer 300 dollars and they dismissed the case we never even went in to see a judge. They dismissed for search warrant problems. Now we were never read our rights we were arested. and the search warrant had no judges signature on it. now do I stand a chance of sueing and getting this money back I talked to a officer and he told me to do it and they will give the money right back but you have to have money for a lawyer to get it started. DO I STAND A CHANCE?
**A: it does not appear that you have told us the full and complete story.

justalayman

have you filed for, spoken to the courts about, or written a letter to the courts concerning, the bail?

Bail is not a fine and is refundable when the reason for the bail is removed.

Is it possible this was bond money and not bail money?

jrsird

they did not find nothing in the house that would of done anything. They took a picture of my daughter they took all foil saran wrap and wax paper box of freezer baggies out of the kitchen they took duck tape out of the basement. Now when the papers got to the lawyer they did not have anything down that they took out of here. all effidence collected was a cell phone that was in my pocket when they arrested me and that is all that is on the papers

jrsird

you know you people are no different then the rest your being ignorant and I guess I can say your comments are not needed I simply asked a question I did not not ask for your ignorant statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">