• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for a warent from 1987 for DUI and convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lee813

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA (PASCO COUNTY)
I was arrested for a warent for failure to appear on a DUI from 1987 on a rutin traffic stop. I was not aware of such a warent, I was taken to jail where I sat for 45 days and the only way i was able to get in front of the judge is if I were to change my plea, which i did! I plead no contest and the court found me guilty and sentenced to 1 year probation with conditions that i pay court costs, fines, public deffender fee, $40 a month for being on probation and DUI school.
I had an exact same case from anthor County(pinellas) "Failuer to appear on DUI" in 1987 and when i went to take care of that matter, the clerk informed me that those records no longer exist and according to Supreme Court Rules and Florida Statutes the Judge quashed the case in the year 2000, where i received the D-6 clearance and letters of complaince.
I could not pay all the fines & Court costs on the "Pasco" County which I was on probation within the 1 year and thay placed a warent for my arrest for VOP.
I turned myself in and bonded out, on the first court date I admitted that I violated due to failure to pay, and sentencing was for a month later.
at sentencing the judge "REVOLKED" my probation and sentenced me to 70 days in jail.
MY QUESTION IS; IF PINELLAS COUNTY QUASHED THE SAME EXACT CASE DUE TO TIME LIMITATION TO CONVICT, SHOULT'NT PASCO COUNTY HAVE DONE THE SAME?
WHAT IS THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR A DUI CASE? (Misdemeanor)
SHOULD I HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF THIS 18 YEAR OLD CASE?
WHAT WERE THE SENTENCING GUIDLINES IN 1987 FOR THIS CASE?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">